Thursday, February 17, 2005

Lunch Is on Them

I'm not worked up about the impending British royal wedding, but I do like checking the BBC web site for news and the occasional human interest story, and this little article about the tiffin-carriers of Mumbai caught my eye. (Be sure to look at some of the other links about their history.)

Now I'm pretty lucky. I can walk home for lunch and enjoy something hot and homemade pretty much whenever I want. In a big city, though, that could be tricky. The tiffin-carriers have apparently worked out an amazing system to keep the business men and women (and other workers too, I assume) well-fed with good, hot, Indian food. I like it.

And frankly, I wouldn't mind a smackerel of channa saag or alo gobi with a piping hot samosa every day for lunch myself.

D'you think they deliver this far away?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home