Monday, January 17, 2005

Sweet Surrender, Pt. 2

I think I'm in love.

Symptoms: hungry desire to see the loved one, eager steps when walking to meet the loved one, can't stop talking about the loved one.

Yes, it's love all right. And the object of my affection is:

The new Hungarian pastry shop and cafe downtown. (Insert rapturous sigh here.)

I braved the cold winds and the blowing snow yesterday (OK, it wasn't the Arctic wastes, but it was chilly!) to walk downtown for a steaming espresso and a delicate little confection called a white chocolate almond honey cake.

So tender, so rich, so subtly flavored. What bliss.

I have hereby made it my mission to sample every baked item in this place (aside from the meat paste open-faced sandwiches). It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

And it made such a lovely interlude for catching up on local news before heading to the used book store for a bit of a browse.

But I'm not a jealous lover. I'll be happy to share this new love with anyone who wants to experience such culinary ecstasy.

And the sooner, the better.

1 Comments:

At 1/19/2005 10:30 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

WOW!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home