Thursday, January 06, 2005

Freshen Yer Tea, Guv'nor?

On a chilly, rainy day, there's nothing I like better than to curl up on the sofa with a pot of good tea and a book. It's a nice habit I got into over the winter holiday, and happily, I had the afternoon off yesterday and could indulge myself again.

I've been working my way through a tin full of a wonderfully hearty Irish breakfast tea... but slowly, as it's a little on the pricey side. Still, that warm amber color and full aroma it has when it's brewed is so inviting that, although I tend to save it for "special" occasions, I'm finding a lot more "special" occasions in everyday events.

Though I'm learning to appreciate the finer quality of (most) loose teas over teabags, I will also say that the same company makes an equally good Scottish breakfast tea (with the robust flavor and full body of a good Scotch, only using tea) that I like to get in teabag form (or sachets, if you like) purely for convenience.

Surprisingly, I haven't been drinking as much herbal tea or even chai of late... just plowing through the black teas. And let me tell you something... that cupboard is starting to look pretty bare. Definitely time for another field trip to West Point Market to stock up!

After all, it's my cup of tea.

1 Comments:

At 1/06/2005 11:27 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

I'll drive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home