Friday, January 07, 2005

Do YOU Have Fresh Donuts?

Some mornings, if I'm just a little bored (and when does that NOT happen?), I like to look at Blogger's list of new noteworthy blogs. So this morning I find this little gem:

All Things Dunkin' Donuts

That's right... someone is obsessed enough with the big DD to write a blog about it, from news stories to personal anecdotes. And as you've probably discovered by now, it's pretty easy to get sucked into blog-reading.

No, I don't know of any Dunkin' Donuts shops close by, and no, I wouldn't be a regular there even if there were. Personally, I favor a fresh hot Krispy Kreme donut or the selection and coffees at Timmy's (Tim Horton's, which is, I am happy to say, making its presence felt here south of the Canadian border). And I have to add that the little Amish bakery downtown makes a wicked good maple-covered creme stick. (And couldn't Americans come up with a better name for that?)

Ahem. I'm digressing.

Anyway. It's Friday. And now I have coffee and donuts on the brain.

What I really need is time this weekend to make some good cinnamon or pecan rolls to satisfy that sweet craving in a somewhat healthier way.

But doggone it, now I just want donuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home